Monday 19 May 2014

Be Still.......

I'm taking part in Kim Klassen's 'Be Still 52' which began last week.......that's a whole year of focusing on still life photography.


So here I am.....week one....reminding myself to stop, breathe deeply and just be still for a few moments every day.

For me, photography is about noticing the little things around me. These poppy seed heads from last year are so tiny; it would be easy to just dismiss them and put them in the compost bin.
But they are incredibly beautiful, like tiny minarets......or ancient writing tools :-)
The background is one of my mixed-media background papers.
Textures over the top.....Kim's 'Fully' and 'Februarymagicedges'.
Here's the link to Kim's class.....



And here they are again with a little Photoshop layering and altering...... and one of my inky background papers.



Thanks to my blogging friends, I've recently discovered the joys of Hipstamatic on my iPad and iPhone. 
(Thank you Lynn and Viv)
I downloaded it months ago but couldn't get to grips with it....but over the past week I have persevered and now it's my favourite app. Yes, even more than Waterlogue :-)
The basic app was free, but I have bought a couple of add on packages. Basically you can change the lens and the film to get different effects and build up favourite 'recipes'. Or you can just shake the camera up and down and get a random pairing! 
Very interesting....
These examples use 'Melodie' lens and 'Dream Canvas' film. My favourite combo up to now.



More to come soon......


6 comments:

Emma said...

These are wonderful, they work well 'still' & bold, too. Some interesting things going on in the world of apps, love the pic of you peering at the lens in the last post!

Heather said...

Beautiful, beautiful images. Each one would make wonderful greetings cards. If I was better with technology I'd be tempted to have a go myself.

Julie said...

Lovely effects, Linda. xx

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh these are simply amazing. I am so tempted to do the course myself!
My favorite is the very first one!

Maggi said...

Such lovely images Linda. They are so recognisably you.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow absolutely beautiful. Yes even little insignificant looking things can be beautiful if look for beauty in them. Your images are always a delight to see.

Be filled with Wonder and Peace.....and Cosiness

I hope you're managing to embrace this change of season. I'm so much better at accepting the end of summer than I used to be. I&...